How to check the website performance?
The Lighthouse section was created to provide complex information about performance audits for desktop and mobile versions of your website. It also includes essential SEO, Accessibility and Performance metrics, and useful notes to improve the website.
The Lighthouse comprises two sections (Mobile and Desktop), each of which is divided into three parts.
Website Loading Speed
Here you can choose the specific page of your website and check how long it takes until the page is fully uploaded. It provides a series of screenshots of page loading from the very beginning to the full loading.
Charts and Metrics
1. Performance. On the chart, you can check the performance value to understand how your website is adapted and how long it takes to upload a specific page.
In the Metrics, Title and Diagnostics sections, you can check how much time it takes to upload each element on the page and which of them make loading slower.
Opportunities part provides a set of recommendations that can help to analyze the situation and increase the website’s performance.
2. Accessibility section provides information about the set of attributes and advice to make the website more accessible and understandable for clients. It includes a lot of different tabs such as Names and Labels, Contracts, Tablets and Lists, Audio and Video, and so on. Each of them provides details and advice related to the semantics, localization, legibility, and other information that can affect the accessibility of your website.
4. SEO section provides essential information connected with content, attributes, secure connection, and indexing. All these metrics can help to make brief SEO analysis and understand if your website is mobile-friendly, not blocked for indexing, and have appropriate HTML tags.
5. PWA (Progressive Web App) is a website that works as a mobile app, but it doesn’t require the installation of software or visiting particular app stores. The main characteristics of this type of site are high loading speed and specific settings, which allows protecting and avoid losing vital data. Analysis of all parameters is shown in the Fast and reliable, Installable, and PWA Optimized tabs.
How to scan all pages and generate API key?
If you want to scan all pages of your website, it is necessary to generate an API key for Lighthouse.
Please follow these steps:
- At first, go to Site Auditor > Settings and scroll the page down
- Click the Get API key button and go to the PageSpeed API page
- Click the Get a Key button, enter the project name in the opened window
- Copy the generated API Key and click Done.
- Go back to the Settings section and enter the API key into the Key field
- Click Save and return to the Lighthouse section
In the Select page field, you will be able to find a drop-down list with all available pages.
How to export Lighthouse data?
To export data from the Lighthouse section, please click on the Export data button at the right corner and choose the necessary type of export.
If you want to export information from all sections, please choose the All Categories.
But if you need to export data from one or several sections, please choose the Select category and tick necessary values in the drop-down list. Then click on the Export button.