Rank Tracking 101: Using RankActive to Hack SERPs
Living in the tech world means relying hugely on advanced software. While modern tools do all the calculations, experts spend more time on creative work. When it comes to SEO, what would you prefer: improve your product or service or conduct time-consuming keyword research? The answer is obvious.
RankActive is here to share the duties and everyday tasks with you. Keywords optimization or website analytics, monitoring on-site ranking factors or keeping an eye on competitors – from now on, you can do all that with one SEO solution.
1. Getting Ready: Create a New Project
The work on the project starts with 3 simple steps. Let’s begin by clicking on the “Add New” button.
- The first step requires only 2 lines to fill in: a website domain name and the project’s name.
- Now it’s time for Rank Tracker settings. Here you have to pick a tracking mode, then search engines, and add keywords if you have them already.You can track not only Google SE but also Bing, Yahoo, and Yandex. Plus, there’s an opportunity to track Google mobile or Google Map Pack separately. For local SEO, you can add a specific location and focus solely on your region.
- To set up the third step, you have to link your Google Analytics account with the new RankActive project.
After clicking “Finish”, your new project is ready, and you can start exploring RankActive features.
2. Prepare a Set of Keywords
There are two well-known sources for keyword ideas: Google Autocomplete and Google Related Search. Using Keyword Finder, you’ve got these and much more options for your research:
- Related keywords subsection gathers ideas from Google Related Search (GRS).
- Suggested keywords provide options from Google Autocomplete.
- Ranked keywords are a list of keyword variations any website ranks for.
- Similar keywords are really helpful when you need long-tail keywords for voice search.
- And you can find more with AdWords Keyword Planner.
Want to create a structure of gathered keywords? Use the Sandbox subsection. Here you can build up groups of different keywords and add them to Rank Tracker as soon as you need.
3. Check Your Rankings
There’s a lot of talking around rankings nowadays, but not all of it is true. If you’re a truth seeker, welcome to the Rank Tracker section of RankActive. Here you can monitor rankings in real time according to your search engine settings. So, whether it is Yahoo or Google Maps search, RankActive provides you with the latest data.
In the Ranking Overview subsection, you’ll get details about the estimated traffic value, visibility, keyword change, etc. Also, there is a list of graphs representing the dynamics of certain metrics.
Detailed View is about every keyword you track – the tool provides data about keyword positions and their changes. And there are 5 types of graphs to review, such as Rankings sequence or Rankings comparison.
And, of course, RankActive has some more aces in the hole. More subsections that will help you with rank tracking:
- Side-by-Side View: the information on how a certain keyword ranks in the search engines you’ve set up (for example, in Google US and Google UK).
- Day-by-Day View: a chart and a table with all keywords and their positions during the current month.
- Ranking Distribution: how many keywords you’ve got ranked on the 1st, 2nd page, etc.
- Won vs Lost Keywords: the number of keywords that were won and lost or didn’t change their positions.
- Relevant Pages: the information about pages relevant to keywords ranking in the top 100.
4. Examine On-Site Parameters
Keywords were a good start. They serve as tools for a far broader concept – on-page optimization. You might include keywords in titles, meta descriptions, articles, or image alt tags. In any case, you can monitor all of it in Site Auditor.
There’s no better tool to gather all possible data about the website content. Just take a look at the Overview subsection. It contains 3 groups of metrics: errors, warnings, and notes.
By clicking on each of these numbers, you will appear on the page with more detailed information. And the overview is only the beginning – we’re moving forward to other subsections.
- Scanned Pages. This subsection knows everything about each page on your website. Be it readability, title length, or H3 count – you’re getting this data immediately.Also, we haven’t mentioned our Column Chooser yet. With it, you can customize the sheet however you want with over 40 metrics available.
- Meta tags. In here, you will find all the crucial data about the website’s meta tags: too long or too short titles, empty or duplicate titles and descriptions, and more metrics in Column Chooser.
- Content. This subsection is all about your content’s wellbeing. If there are any invalid or irrelevant data, you’ll be aware of it (irrelevant titles, mate keywords, meta descriptions, invalid plaintext size, plaintext rate, etc.).
- Invalid Images Tags. You can quickly check invalid images alts and tags throughout the website.
- Response Code Checker. Pages with errors are one of the most painful spots for user experience. RankActive gathers info on 3xx, 4xx, and 5xx pages in one place.
- Page Parameters. There is more data that doesn’t concern the content itself but rather a certain web page. You’ll find information about not SEO-friendly URLs, pages with flash, too high load times, non-canonical pages, etc.
- Website Checkup. This is a quick review of the website’s parameters: an SSL certificate in place, IP canonicalization test, directory browsing test, etc.
5. Monitor Website Analytics
To better understand the website’s environment, SEO experts and business owners regularly check the audience’s demographics, what browsers are used by visitors, what traffic sources are the most popular, and so on. You’ve got an opportunity to monitor all of it with Google Analytics never leaving the RankActive solution.
The thing is, we’re linking your Google Analytics and RankActive accounts to provide you with a more convenient workflow.
From now on, you’ll find all of the vital parameters in RankActive as well:
- Audience analytics.
- Traffic sources.
- Content analytics.
- Information on conversions and e-commerce activities.
6. Analyze Your Competitors
How much does it take to carry out competitor analysis? Their traffic, visibility, ranking keywords… It sounds like you need some SEO magic here, and here it is – Competitors Inspector by RankActive.
To start collecting data, you only have to define the list of domains you compete with in settings. What would you like to know about your competitors?
- Traffic data. You’ll see a chart with the number of organic and other visits of each competitor (and yours). Below, the tool displays more details on the current and previous months so you could compare the data of two periods.
- Rankings. The number of keywords in top 1, top 3, and top 10 – that’s the main data of this subsection. The detailed sheet also informs about the average position of the project’s keywords.
- Visibility. You have an opportunity to compare your Estimated Traffic Value (ETV) and Search Visibility Value (SVV) with any competitor on the market.
- Keywords. Do you know what keywords serve best for your competitors’ rankings? It’s a piece of cake for RankActive – we provide you with this data within seconds.
- Backlinks. We all know how backlinks impact the website’s authority. Want to know how many of them your competitors have? Or something more? There’s also info on the domain and URL ratings.
To keep up with the market’s pace, RankActive updates almost all of this data once a week – you won’t have a chance to leave out something important.
What about another perspective? Let’s say you have a keyword and a search engine in mind and want to know what websites are ranked according to these two parameters. We’ve got Top Analyzer to help you out.
With the list of top 10 web pages, you get tons of information about them. Their title length, H1 count, backlinks to the domain, meta description – all of it is only the beginning, and Column Chooser will help you add way more data.
Bonus Tip: Spice Up Your SEO Services
If SEO is your passion, make your services stand out and add more of your brand’s personality. Simply put, create a unique experience for your clients with customized reports and our SEO platform.
Imagine an advanced SEO platform that has your brand’s name on it. No, we’re not saying that you have to build your own SEO solution. On the contrary, you may use ours as a foundation to build up your agency’s image.
Our white labeling allows you to create a customized login page and the tool’s interface. Plus, your own domain hides any traces of RankActive from your clients. From now on, RankActive works for your business even harder.
No, not just regular automatic reports but beautifully done documents with graphs and sheets to understand data better. And one little white labeling trick – reports can be also customized with your company’s logo.
Send them to one recipient or several at once – it’s up to you. The same goes for the exact delivery time – you can pick any time zone and set the time accordingly. Can an SEO report reflect your business approach? RankActive does its best to prove that.
Hacking SERPs and Working Miracles
RankActive helps to cope with time-consuming SEO tasks while you can focus your skills on building up a strong SEO strategy. We’re providing you with all the necessary instruments including keywords tracking, on-site monitoring, and competitor analysis.
What more could you wish for? Perhaps, you want to reinforce the market image of your SEO business. Then, go ahead and use our white label feature. Together, we anticipate the needs of your clients and create unique SEO services.
Like this article? There’s more where that came from.
- Optimizing for Google BERT Update. How Is That Even Possible?
- Google Says You Should Implement These New Link Attributes. But What Would It Do to Your Rankings?
- How to Increase Your CTR Using Schema.org: Updated
- How to Quickly Estimate Your Competitors’ Online Visibility with RankActive
- Meet Keyword Opportunities and Lighthouse: How These New Features Make SEO Infinitely Easier