Backlinks anchor: to be or not to be
27 April 2017 Leave a comment LINK EARNING
It is hard to imagine the Internet without backlinks, this basis of the web, linking element of the entire network. What are the backlinks, what do they influence and how do the search engines react to them?
What are anchor backlinks?
External optimization involves the purchase of backlinks from other resources. At the same time, it is important to be able to correctly compose anchors, since they directly affect the position of the site in the issuance of search engines. To begin with, we will understand in terms.
Anchor – the text part of the link that the site visitor sees. A link text that inserted between the <a> … </a> tags, by clicking on which the visitor will go to a particular site.
<a href=”url”> anchor </a>
<a href=”rankactive.com”> cloud software for SEOs </a>
Anchor text – keywords and suggestions that are directly related to the subject matter of the site. And so the visitor before he can follow the link already knows what the resource is about. The visitor does not see the address of the resource since it is hidden behind the text highlighted in a different color from the main text.
Anchor backlinks are keywords which lead to the content of a particular site. In order to not publish a simple link to the site, the ordinary text is inserted.
What are the anchor references used for and what do they influence?
Anchor backlinks affect the SERP, giving a dynamic weight to the page to which they lead.
Dynamic weight – is an anchor ranking. Transmitted by the active hyperlink, directly depends on the anchor, and the more relevant it is, the greater dynamic weight the link transmits. That is, the dynamic weight depends entirely on the text that is in the anchor. The more text matches to the search query, the more dynamic weight the link carries. That the link should lead the user to the page that you are promoting.
When buying backlinks, it is important to choose the correct anchor, as the link text directly affects the reference ranking of search engine. During ranking anchor backlinks are considered by search bots, so well-chosen anchors will help to promote your site to the TOP.
Adding backlinks to a resource is an important component of external optimization, the effectiveness of it depends on the text of the backlinks. It is important to optimize the backlinks.
Anchor references are also useful for inlinking. They allow the user to get to the right pages of the site, search engines – to index pages of second and more levels, and webmasters – to distribute the site’s weight.
Types of anchor: description and examples
Making each link, it is important to prescribe a unique anchor. The identical text of backlinks glues the anchor into a single one, which reduces their importance in general.
There are several types of anchors:
- Succinct. They consist of accurate searches without additional words which are inserted inside the reference text. For example, “anchor references”.
- Descriptive. In addition to the direct search query, additional text is also included. For example, “what is an anchor reference”.
It is very important to use different types of backlinks when optimizing. You should not get involved in one type only. You can also use all kinds of synonyms, epithets to dilute the main search query.
There are also some important conditions: the absence of spelling mistakes, punctuation mistakes and they must be comfortable to read because a simple set of words can be defined as spam by search engines.
Which anchors are the best for promotion and why?
On the question “which anchors are the best” there is no single answer. You can analyze the anchors of sites of competitors or do a personal experiment to find the best option. It is clear only one thing – for effective promotion, it is necessary to use both direct and diluted anchor backlinks.
It should be noted that the anchors must also be used to navigate between pages of the same resource. Thus, using direct and diluted anchors, you transfer the statistical weight to other pages of your site.
Where will it be better to leave an anchor link?
It is not always possible to leave an anchor text link. In this case, you will have to type a simple original link to the resource.
Anchor references can be used in the following places:
- Catalogs of sites. Typically, site directories request information regarding the name and address of the resource, which in the result will then become an anchor reference to your resource.
- Blog comments. Most blogs allow you to publish the resource address and text, so your comment can be an anchor link also.
- Exchange of references. By exchanging backlinks with other users, you specify a title, address, and description. Here the title is an anchor text leading the visitor to a specific resource.
Where to find the anchor backlinks?
There are several ways to create anchor backlinks. The most popular of them are the following options:
- Automatic generation of backlinks. There are special services in the network; they are systems for self-promotion. Using them, you can select the anchor for your resource. In each of services, you can create reference texts – anchors. To do this, you need to enter the keywords and the name of the resource into the database, and the rest will be generated by the system itself.
- Writing an anchor on your own or on-request. You can write an anchor by yourself or pay the copywriter to do this, having made a competent technical task before that. So, there are lots of sites in the web where you can find such services.
- Creation of the anchors by copying offers from other sites with similar topics. It’s very simple: we enter the query in the search engine, we enter the resources from the TOP, we search for the offers with the requested query and, based on it, we create our own.
What are the non-anchor backlinks?
Non-anchor promotion – it is when the purchased backlinks do not have keywords.
The non-anchored backlinks include:
- Website address. They are often used to go to the main page of the resource.<a href=”//rankactive.com/”> //rankactive.com/ </a>
- Using alternative text, other than keywords. The backlinks can contain words such as “here”, “click”, “read” and others.<a href=”//rankactive.com/”> Learn more here </a>
How useful are the non-anchor backlinks?
Non-anchor backlinks are often used to dilute the reference mass of the resource. Not so long ago, Google said that anchor backlinks, as a rule, purchased ones, so search engines give them low priority. However, to promote the resource by only non-anchor backlinks is not correct, as well as by only anchor ones.
- Long-term effectiveness;
- Positive influence on the resource trust;
- Safety from penalizing by naturalness.
The reference mass should consist of an anchor, non-anchor references, and also, it is recommended to provide different anchor for each of your backlinks. Of course, it is a long and painstaking work, but the result will be also appropriate.
How can we get non-anchor backlinks for free?
You can get free backlinks using your own efforts. To do this, you have to work hard and spend much time. How to do it? It is necessary to leave backlinks to the pages of your resource on the sites on the web. For such target you can use forums, blogs, social networks and so on.
The second option is natural, so it is more preferable. This is when users by themselves leave backlinks to other resources, for example, in social networks, forums, blogs. These backlinks have a lasting effect, because they are “alive”, so visitors will definitely come to you.
So what we need for this? The main rule is unique and interesting content. And if it is useful to the visitor, soon more people will know about your resource, providing a natural increase in backlinks to the site.
Creation of the backlinks is must have in your SEO “To-Do List”, but keep in mind that you need to create not only anchor backlinks, but non-anchor too in order to be SEO friendly to Google’s algorithms, also they must be natural as much as possible for the same reason. To reach this goal, create a good looking web-design, post qualitative content, and your visitors will post backlinks to your site by themselves. Pay attention to the details, such as grammar and other mistakes in your anchor text, also it will be better if each text in links is different, also it must be relevant to your site. If you can handle these options you can grow the dynamic weight of your anchors. Pay more attention to anchors and soon you will see how smoothly and steadily the number of visitors increases.
Like this article? There’s more where that came from.
- 5 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Paying for Rank Tracking Software
- 5 Serious Mistakes Beginner SEOs Make and How to Fix Them
- Why We Use Google’s New Link Attributes and You Should Too
- Title and Description in 2021: Why Google Rewrites SEOs’ Meta Tags
- What We Should Learn From Google’s “About This Result” Feature